RAMP for Education
RAMP Assessed Education Providers
Working together to produce the Professionals of the Future
This section contains information about the two educational standards that have been set by RAMP since August 2017. These standards have now been implemented to support students seeking good quality education that can be used towards a RAMP application and CPD requirements. An outline of the two standards can be found below and further information can be found in the RAMP Foundation Document.
These are establishments whose courses fully and wholly fulfil RAMP’s educational criteria, allowing graduates to apply for the RAMP register by providing only their Certificate and evidence of their final grade for their educational component, along with the other non-educational requirements (eg suitable insurance, etc - as below).
These are establishments whose course academic level is verified by an awarding University, College, or other Recognised Awarding Organisation. They provide training, some of which can be used in graduates' applications to the RAMP Register, though additional educational attainments will be required for successful applications.
These two standards are linked:
- All courses either AEP or REP will have accreditation by an awarding University, College, or other Recognised Awarding Organisation, who will verify the training level.
- Courses given REP status do not need to meet the full RAMP criteria either in academic level or hours.
- Courses assessed as meeting REP standards may prepare changes to align with the AEP standard and apply to that assessment process.
NOTE: Some education providers have several courses at different standards.
For clarity, it is important to explain that acceptance onto the RAMP Register requires more than educational achievements as the intention of the Register is to ensure the Gold Standard of practice. Also required are:
- Signed acceptance of the Standards for Practice.
- Proof of Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Proof of Public Liability Insurance.
- Evidence of the minimum level of Continuing Professional Development.
ALL graduates of REP and AEP schools are required to complete the Application process and it is the individual's responsibility to provide clear evidence of their training and hours of study.
RAMP Welcomes Harper Adams University Programme
RAMP is delighted to announce that the BSc (Hons) Veterinary Physiotherapy programme has now been approved RAMP Accredited (AEP) status.
RAMP contribute to National Equine Forum (#NEF23)
RAMP attended the 31st National Equine Forum (#NEF23) annual meeting on Thursday 2nd March.
New RAMP Council Announced
RAMP is delighted to introduce our new and refreshed Council for 2023. You can meet all the new faces on the Council Members page.