Why Join the RAMP Register?
Joining this Register evidences your commitment to excellence in your animal practice.
Being listed ensures that your name will be confirmed and will allow vets and animal owners to search for a competent professional with confidence. This will dissolve the confusion that has developed in the marketplace, and create clear and fair grounds for owners and professionals to make properly informed choices.
This definitive listing has created a one-stop-shop that is quick and easy to reference. This means it can be used easily by veterinary professionals and insurance companies to locate a practitioner covering their area, with sound information about their credentials.
Becoming a registrant means you are a practitioner dedicated to high-quality care and instrumental in improving animal welfare.
Through RAMP registration you have a voice in the political discussion that will shape the future of your profession. Highly skilled therapists volunteering to uphold standards of excellence will strengthen your stance in the political debate.
Registrants may use the RAMP logo on their correspondence and promotional material.
Registrants following RAMP's Gold Standard quality of practice have reduced insurance risks therefore RAMP can negotiate with insurance companies to deliver excellent value block schemes for our members.
What does it mean to be registered on the RAMP website?
That you have demonstrated:
- Evidence that you have met the eligibility criteria for registration;
- Your compliance with the Professional Code of Conduct, Standards of Practice and requirements for Continuing Professional Development;
- Your fitness to practice;
- Your intention to work under the referral of the animal's veterinary surgeon.
To maintain registration, you must:
- Ensure that your Continuing Professional Development record is up to date;
- Comply with the Code of Conduct and Standards of Practice;
- Have up-to-date professional indemnity insurance;
- Pay the relevant registration fee.
How does RAMP Present Practitioners?
The RAMP organisation is as inclusive and transparent as possible. We are working towards a harmonious future for the musculoskeletal industry with egalitarian values. Therefore:
- All registrants are of equal status.
- RAMP makes no distinctions between different forms of training or professions
- All are displayed equally on the Register, with only their technique distinguishing them. A website link is provided so that all enquiries can find further details.
Careers Day at Writtle University College
RAMP President Jo Paul and Founder Sonya Nightingale had a really lovely day visiting the Physiotherapy and Hydrotherapy Careers Day at Writtle University College.
RAMP attend BSAVA Congress23
RAMP Council members (wo)manned a stand at BSAVA Congress 23 March 23-25th.
RAMP Welcomes Harper Adams University Programme
RAMP is delighted to announce that the BSc (Hons) Veterinary Physiotherapy programme has now been approved RAMP Accredited (AEP) status.